1. The Judicial Officers Training Institute, Nagpur is situated at Bungalow No. 49/1, Civil Lines, Nagpur, near Ladies Club on West High Court road. The place is about 6 kms. from Railway Station and from 8 kms. from Bus Stand, and about 12 kms. from Airport. Any other information regarding location and other arrangements / facilities can be obtained the institute and Telephone No. 0712-2565263 during the office hours.
2. The candidates / trainees are supposed to report at the institute on the First day of training at 9:30 a.m. The candidates / trainees coming from far-off places can arrive at the institute, a day earlier also, and can be provided overnight accommodation.
3. The training is compulsorily a residential training. The necessary arrangements for accommodation for trainees has been made in the institute’s hostel situated in the same premises. The candidates are not permitted to stay outside hostel during the training period.
4. The accommodation for candidates / trainees is on twin sharing basis as per allotment done by the institute. The candidates are not expected to bring their spouse, children, other family members or relatives with them. Any special request regarding stay of female candidates / trainees with infants, may be made in writing through the office of Hon’ble Directorate of Prosecution, Mumbai. The same may be suitably considered, depending on the availability of the accommodation.
5. The candidates are advised to bring with them, 2 passport size photographs for I-Card purpose, about 200 pages of note book / papers for taking down notes / instructions during training, and Bare Acts / Compendium of I.P.C., Cr.P.C. and Evidence Act, for ready reference during the classes.
6. The institute has adequate library facilities and recreational facilities for the trainees / candidates. The same can be usefully utilized during the stay.
7. The dress code during training for male Assistant Public Prosecutors is white shirt and white pant with tie and black coat and for female Assistant Public Prosecutors, white saree or white blouse or white Salwar suit and black coat. For the inaugural function, and also during the visit of Hon’ble Lordships of Hon’ble High Court or during visit to any courts, the candidates shall compulsorily wear coat.
8. The institute has made necessary arrangements for tea, breakfast, lunch and dinner for the candidates / trainees for the entire training period. The food would be strictly vegetarian. Any special request regarding fasts, etc. may be directly made to the caterer, who may try to provide the same, if possible.
9. The candidates / trainees are expected to be decently dressed at all times during their stay in the hostel premises, especially in common areas, such as corridors, mess or recreational facilities.
10. Consumption of alcohol, smoking or chewing tobacco or ghutka in the premises is strictly prohibited. The candidates are expected to maintain and observe decency, decorum and cleanliness during training. Any incident of indiscipline, misconduct or misbehavior shall be taken serious note of, shall be liable to be reported to the Directorate of Prosecution for appropriate action.
11. The candidates / trainees are expected to make their own arrangements for booking of travel tickets for their arrival and departure journeys. The institute does not have any separate protocol facilities for the same as yet. The candidates / trainees may take care to book their travel tickets well in advance, so as to avoid any inconvenience to them.
12. The candidates can make their necessary travel arrangements for departure to their respective places, on the last day of training after the valedictory function i.e. after 4:00 p.m. For the convenience of the candidates who desire to proceed to their destination on the next day morning, the residential facilities may be kept open, if requested in advance.
13. The institute expects a mature conduct, mutual co-operation and proper understanding from the trainees during their stay, and wishes them a happy and pleasant stay in the institute.